• May 30Have a safe, productive, and fun summer...GOOOO RAYS!
  • May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Recipients Collette Combs, Gordon Davis, Daniel Heekin, Thomas Heekin, Austin Hendrick, Makayla Hendrick, Isabella Kakaty, Piper Noyes, Celine Schauer and Grant Tirrell being congratulated for receiving the Marco Island Woman’s Club Award by presenter Anne Marchetti Marco Island Woman’s Club and MIWC president Sharyn Kampmeyer.
Senior Award Celebration
Lauren Riley, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

On Tuesday May 21, Marco Island Academy held their annual Senior Award Celebration in the MIA gym for the Class of 2024. This event highlighted...

Rays Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Ray's Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Cassie Letendre, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Photo credits to Brian McGowan via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
Disney's Moana - A Movie Review
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The popular Disney film, “Moana” which came out on November 23rd, 2016, will always be one of my personal favorites. This film is set in...

Photo credits to Bethesda Softworks, LLC via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.
Fallout - A TV Show Review
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

In the past, video games being turned into movies and TV shows had never really worked out. However, video games turning into movies or shows...

Rays Recipe: Peppermint Fudge

Tyler Clifford
Delicious Peppermint Fudge sure to make this holiday season extra tasty

As December rolls in and the holiday season approaches, it’s time to wear matching festive pajamas, break out the family recipes, and start baking. And what better way to start the festive baking spree than with a batch of irresistible peppermint fudge that’s sure to please everyone

This recipe may seem simple, but don’t be surprised if this peppermint fudge steals the show. 

So, queue up your favorite holiday tunes, call up a helping hand from a loved one, and whip up some delicious peppermint fudge to spread the holiday cheer!

Ingredients:

• Peppermint extract
  • Candy Canes
  • Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
  • White chocolate chips

These are all of the ingredients you will need.(Tyler Clifford)
  • Sweetened condensed milk

Instructions:

1. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper, ensuring some overhang for easy removal. Set it aside.

2. In a large saucepan, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth. Spread the chocolate fudge evenly into the prepared pan. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the second layer. 

Combine the white chocolate chips with half of the condensed milk (Tyler Clifford)

3. In the same saucepan, combine white chocolate chips and the remaining 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and half of the crushed candy canes until well combined. Remove the chocolate fudge from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate peppermint fudge on top. Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top.

Leave the parchment filled pan in the fridge overnight (Tyler Clifford)

4. Return the baking pan to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until the fudge is firm. Lift the edges of the parchment paper out of the pan to remove the fudge. Slice into pieces and enjoy!