Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

Rays Recipe: Peppermint Fudge

Tyler Clifford
Delicious Peppermint Fudge sure to make this holiday season extra tasty

As December rolls in and the holiday season approaches, it’s time to wear matching festive pajamas, break out the family recipes, and start baking. And what better way to start the festive baking spree than with a batch of irresistible peppermint fudge that’s sure to please everyone

This recipe may seem simple, but don’t be surprised if this peppermint fudge steals the show. 

So, queue up your favorite holiday tunes, call up a helping hand from a loved one, and whip up some delicious peppermint fudge to spread the holiday cheer!

Ingredients:

• Peppermint extract
  • Candy Canes
  • Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
  • White chocolate chips

These are all of the ingredients you will need.(Tyler Clifford)
  • Sweetened condensed milk

Instructions:

1. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper, ensuring some overhang for easy removal. Set it aside.

2. In a large saucepan, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth. Spread the chocolate fudge evenly into the prepared pan. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the second layer. 

Combine the white chocolate chips with half of the condensed milk (Tyler Clifford)

3. In the same saucepan, combine white chocolate chips and the remaining 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and half of the crushed candy canes until well combined. Remove the chocolate fudge from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate peppermint fudge on top. Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top.

Leave the parchment filled pan in the fridge overnight (Tyler Clifford)

4. Return the baking pan to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until the fudge is firm. Lift the edges of the parchment paper out of the pan to remove the fudge. Slice into pieces and enjoy!