• May 30Have a safe, productive, and fun summer...GOOOO RAYS!
  • May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Recipients Collette Combs, Gordon Davis, Daniel Heekin, Thomas Heekin, Austin Hendrick, Makayla Hendrick, Isabella Kakaty, Piper Noyes, Celine Schauer and Grant Tirrell being congratulated for receiving the Marco Island Woman’s Club Award by presenter Anne Marchetti Marco Island Woman’s Club and MIWC president Sharyn Kampmeyer.
Senior Award Celebration
Lauren Riley, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

On Tuesday May 21, Marco Island Academy held their annual Senior Award Celebration in the MIA gym for the Class of 2024. This event highlighted...

Rays Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Ray's Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Cassie Letendre, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Photo credits to Brian McGowan via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
Disney's Moana - A Movie Review
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The popular Disney film, “Moana” which came out on November 23rd, 2016, will always be one of my personal favorites. This film is set in...

Photo credits to Bethesda Softworks, LLC via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.
Fallout - A TV Show Review
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

In the past, video games being turned into movies and TV shows had never really worked out. However, video games turning into movies or shows...

Top 10 Red Flags in Girls

Tyler Clifford
Tyler Clifford explains his Top 10 Red Flags in Girls

Navigating the world of dating can be a confusing and scary journey filled with weird experiences and people. While compatibility is subjective, certain behaviors may raise eyebrows and red flags. From the “one of the boys” label to an obsession with TikTok, here are my top 10 red flags in girls.

1. “One of the boys”

“One of the Boys” is one of the worst things a guy can hear while dating a girl. Any girl who classifies herself as “one of the boys” will be a pick-me girl seeking attention from anyone who isn’t her boyfriend.

2. Has a Boy Best Friend 

Almost any girl who has a boy best friend should be approached with caution. These boy best friends almost always want something more than friendship and are always there to swoop in whenever you make a mistake.

3. Obsessed with TikTok 

It’s okay to watch TikTok when you are bored or in your free time, but when a girl would rather sit at home and watch TikTok than hang out with you, it’s an instant red flag.

4. Gets the Ick About Everything 

If a girl gets the “ick” about every single thing you do, let alone says the word “ick,” that is an ick in itself and a red flag. In a relationship, you should be comfortable being yourself and not have to worry about opening the door wrong and giving them the ick.

5. Wears a Pink Cowboy Hat 

“OMG, you are so quirky and cool wearing that”… No, you are just obnoxious and trying to stand out in the crowd of the other 20 girls wearing a pink cowboy hat when they go out. 

6. She Only Listens to Taylor Swift

Don’t get me wrong, I like Taylor Swift, but if ‘Enchanted’ is the only song I ever hear, I will go crazy. 

7. Expects You to Pay for Everything

I am all for chivalry and the guy paying for the first date, but at a certain point, it shouldn’t be expected that the guy has to pay for everything, especially when the girl invites you or orders the most expensive thing on the menu. 

8. Owns Five Different Water Bottles

When a girl owns multiple different water bottles, especially Stanleys and Yetis, she cannot be trusted. She might leave you on the curb, just like she left her Hydroflask back in 2020. She’s not afraid to leave you for the new popular kid. 

9. Snapscore Over 500,000

Any girl with a score over 500,000 is someone to watch out for. They typically give you the excuse of having Snapchat since their middle school days. 

10. Obsessed with Her Ex

In a relationship, you want the focus to be on you and not her deadbeat boyfriend. When a girl is obsessed with her ex, it is a sign to stay away from them because they have unfinished business.

In the dating game, it’s tempting to label pink cowboy hats and water bottle collections as red flags, but remember, love isn’t a checklist. Embrace the unique quirks, and maybe, just maybe, that Taylor Swift playlist won’t be the only thing on repeat!