Which Water Bottle Are You?
Which Water Bottle Are You?
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

What musical are you? Take this quiz to find out!
What Musical Are You?
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Season Are You?
Which Season Are You?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Gemstone Are You?
Which Gemstone Are You?
Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 2/23/24
February 23, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, February 23rd, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!...

Top 6 Activities to do During the Holidays

With winter break right around the corner, here are 6 activities to do during the Holidays.

With the holiday season upon us, what better way to get into the festive spirit than some fun activities to do with friends or family? Here’s a list of the top six things to do during the holidays that are sure to add an extra dose of cheer to your winter wonderland. 

1. Bake Cookies:  There’s something magical about the scent of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air during the holidays. Gather your loved ones and go on a baking adventure that will make your taste buds happy and your house smell amazing. Whether you’re a master baker or a rookie in the kitchen, decorating sugar cookies with festive icing and sprinkles is a fun activity to do to create sweet memories and get you into the Holiday spirit.
  2. Movie Night:  What better way to unwind during the holidays than with a cozy movie night? Build a blanket fort, grab some popcorn and those cookies you made, and play your favorite Hallmark movie. Don’t forget the hot cocoa topped with marshmallows – it’s the perfect companion for a holiday movie night.
  1. Gingerbread House Competition: Gather friends or family, set up a workstation with an array of candies, icing, and, of course, gingerbread, and let the creativity flow. Whether you aim for a traditional cottage or a whimsical wonderland, the joy lies in the process. Plus, the friendly competition adds an extra layer of excitement as everyone showcases their skills. 
  1. Go Ice Skating: Whether you’re a seasoned pro or wobbly on skates, the experience of putting on those skates and gliding on the ice with your friends can be super fun and create a lot of great memories. If where you reside isn’t cold enough for outdoor ice skating, search for your nearest indoor ice rink to have a similar experience.
  1. Drive Around and See the Christmas Lights: Many neighborhoods go all out with intricate displays, turning the streets into a cheerful winter wonderland. Make it an adventure by mapping out the best-decorated neighborhoods, grab some blankets and snacks, roll the windows down, and enjoy the sweet chill in the air while watching the display. 
  1. Make Decorations: From handmade ornaments to festive wreaths, creating decorations provides a personal touch to your space. Gather the family for a crafting session filled with laughter and creativity, and revel in the satisfaction of seeing your handmade decorations fill your home. 

So, gather your loved ones and let the joyous festivities begin!