Which Water Bottle Are You?
Which Water Bottle Are You?
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

What musical are you? Take this quiz to find out!
What Musical Are You?
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Season Are You?
Which Season Are You?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Gemstone Are You?
Which Gemstone Are You?
Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 2/23/24
February 23, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, February 23rd, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!...

Top 3 Prettiest College Campuses

Over the summer, I drove from New York to Florida, touring seven beautiful southern colleges on my trip. I will be rating the top three prettiest college campuses I visited, based solely on personal opinion and experience. 

For more perspective, the campuses I toured were: Belmont University, Lipscomb University, Vanderbilt University, University of Tennessee (Knoxville), Clemson University, University of Georgia, and University of Florida. 

#1- Clemson University

Photo via Wikipedia Commons under Wikipedia Commons License Clock tower on the Clemson University campus

Out of all the colleges I visited, this campus was my personal favorite. Located in the college town of Clemson, South Carolina, Clemson University is surrounded by gorgeous trees and serene lakes. In fact, the northern arm of Hartwell lake borders the university and sits in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the mountain views, to the crystal clear waterfalls, Clemson University is 1,400 acres of sheer beauty. 

Photo via Pixabay under Pixabay License Reflection Pond at Clemson

#2- Belmont University

Photo via Unsplash under Unsplash License McWorter Hall on the Belmont University campus

Coming in close second is Belmont University. Architectural Digest recently ranked Belmont #11 on its list of the “53 Prettiest College Campuses in America.” From the vibrant lawn and fountains, to the white gazebos and ethereal chapel, Belmont is absolutely charming. Not to mention, it is located in the heart of Music City – Nashville, Tennessee. The picturesque school exists in an urban location, while fulfilling a scenic, nature-filled setting.

Scenery at Belmont (Isabella Kakaty)

#3- Vanderbilt University 

Although Vanderbilt comes last in my top three, it is breathtaking nonetheless. From the luscious trees bordering the school, to the elegant, pristine buildings, the prestigious university is undeniably stunning. Vanderbilt is also located in Nashville Tennessee, within walking distance of Belmont University. The university offers a lovely, park-like environment in the midst of a lively city.

Photo via Unsplash under Unsplash License Benton Chapel
Photo via Unsplash under Unsplash License West End Tower on the Vanderbilt University campus