Ray’s Reflection: YoYo Sine

Well, I’ve got one more year until I’m out of here. I won’t lie when I say I’m scared, because senior year is, well, the last year I have here. But it’s crazy to think that I’ve been in this school for three years already, and that I’m also the last generation here that was in the portables way back.

I still remember the last day of freshman year when I drove off in the car with my partner. Good times man. But, this isn’t about freshman year, let alone sophomore year. I’m a junior now and in my time here. I’ve learned a bit, not only about myself, but how to get by as a whole. And now, I shall bequeath you, dear reader, with this grateful knowledge.

First, let’s get something out of the way. If you haven’t done FLVS, or done any volunteer hours, just do it, alright? FLVS is easy, but it doesn’t mean you should procrastinate until senior year like I did. (Whoops.)

Same thing with hours. You don’t really want to have to worry about having to get them during the school year, so I recommend volunteering at Camp Mackle. It’s not only fun, but you also get a lot of hours while doing it. You’ll need hours in order to graduate on top of the FLVS, and both of those are really hard at first glance, but are really easy in retrospect. 

Secondly, now’s a good time to start wondering about colleges. For example, you should start thinking about if you’re going out of state or not, what career you’re going to go into, and other things like that to plan out your future, whatever that may be. If you already have an idea of where you want to go in the future, awesome. If things change, or you haven’t really thought about it, I suggest thinking about it now. Because next year, (from what I’ve heard,) is the year to solidify it. I find that time zooms by, so it’d be smart to think about college before the year goes past the point where you can.

Thirdly, in terms of classes, I found everything to be quite easy. This semester I took a physics class, and well, I not only had loads of fun, but I also learned quite a lot. In physics we did some really cool activities. For example, we had to make a water wheel and use it to tie a piece of string to lift a little weight. I also took photography, and most Tuesdays and Thursdays we went to Margood Harbor Park in Goodland to take pictures. After talking with Mr. Eder, the photography teacher, he said he is hoping to find more places for the class to take pictures. The classes here are very engaging and fun.

Lastly, let’s talk about my general experience as a junior. 

Overall, I’d change nothing. It was pretty good all in all. And like I said before, it flew by pretty fast. While a few bad things happened here and there, it didn’t really hit me hard looking back. I’m still alive, I’m still here, and I still have time to grow.

With everything said and done here, not only am I glad for pretty much everything that has happened here, but I feel ready to head into senior year. I really hope that senior year will be even better than this year, and I hope you have a great summer!

The Wave • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$495
$1200