A Letter to My Executive and Managing Editors.

Jorge Rodriguez, Editor-in-Chief

Earlier this year when I was told that I would be the Editor-in-Chief for the 2022-2023 school year, I was worried that I wouldn’t have a good team for our newspaper. I was worried that the stress and workload of my senior year would interfere with running The Wave. Now, nearing the end of the first semester, I can say that none of my worries have come to fruition. Since we’re feeling thankful this time of month, here is a little thank you from me to you.

To my Executive Editor, thank you for getting everyone’s articles revised, formatted, and published in a timely and smooth manner. Thank you, also, for always pushing your writing skills further with each article you write. Your success has led you to write for the Coastal Breeze, and I couldn’t be prouder of you for that. I can’t wait to see where your writing skills take you throughout the rest of this year.

To my Managing Editor, thank you for getting those amazing featured images created for each and every article that we’ve posted these past few months. I don’t think I would be able to come up with featured images like that if it were just me, so thank you for that. Throughout this year and even last year, I have watched your writing skills evolve with every article that you have written.

You have both been such integral parts to the success of our newspaper. Without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today. With more articles written in these first few months of school than ever before, we have truly proved our worth. I know we’re going to get a Best Of SNO article recognized this year – I can feel it. We’ve got so much more ahead of us this year, so I can’t wait to see where we get.