Camryn+Rose

Adam Koszo

Camryn Rose

Senior Spotlight: Camryn Rose

The Marco Island Academy volleyball team has had a very successful season this year. The girls won the District Championship for the fourth year in a row with the help of the main hitter, Camryn Rose. 

Camryn’s position on the team is an outside hitter. She has played all four years and was the captain of the team for the last three. 

Camryn plans on attending college but she is undecided on where she would like to go. However, she does know she will most likely be staying in the state of Florida. Camryn doesn’t plan on continuing her volleyball career in college. 

The first time Camryn played volleyball was when she was nine years old. It was a special experience for her as she was on a club team that her father owned and he was able to be there throughout her whole volleyball career. 

Camryn was given the jersey number four when she first started playing. Since then, she has kept the number four all nine years of playing volleyball.

Camryn’s favorite memory of this volleyball season was her senior night. The team made it an unforgettable and magical night for her. The student section made the moment even better as they were all dressed in white cheering loudly for the team. By beating their opponent, Lely, it made the night even better for Camryn. 

Her biggest achievement in volleyball was hitting her 1,000th kill this season. It was something she worked for since freshman year. Camryn said she will always cherish this moment as she put in a lot of hard work and time to reach this achievement. 

Throughout Camryn’s volleyball and high school career, she has been blessed to have so many people that created such a positive impact on her. Her dad has been one of her biggest supporters since the start. Even when he was busy, he made time to go to her volleyball games. He is the loudest in the stands and is beyond supportive of Camryn. Camryn’s volleyball coach, Alyssa Stolinas, has also had a big impact on Camryn. Her coach has gone above and beyond for the team and helped Camryn develop as the player she is today. Lastly, the teachers and administrators here at MIA have had a big impact on her as well. Camryn says, “They truly care about everyone and go out of their way to help us. They are a big part of why my four years at MIA are years I never want to forget.”

The Wave • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$495
$1200