Ray’s Praise

Madison Moyer, Staff Writer

What is Ray’s Praise?

Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate, teacher, or another staff member, these praises offer us a chance to show our respect and admiration for someone which will certainly brighten their day.

Lily Braun

Thank you for being awesome (that’s only number one) and for helping me bring around the lanyard pieces to all the mentors. You didn’t have to, you just wanted to, so thanks for that. From: Riley Letendre

Annabelle Frazer

The piece, “A Guide to Being A Woman in the Twenty-first Century“, is a very well-written article and is exactly the kind of article I’d like to read on the Wave. The writing is short and to the point and kept me interested. I love pieces that draw attention to social injustices. 

Haylen Irvan

Haylen helped me when I was worried about my article, and she helped me plan out my week, so I wasn’t so overwhelmed. 

Collette Combs

Collette always makes it a point to smile at me in the hallways. Sometimes, the smallest gestures can make others feel better about their day, and Colette is the best example of that. She deserves Ray’s Praise because of her kind words and positive attitude. 

Kyle Miner

He keeps coming to school every day, even though it drives him insane. From: Ryan Miner

Anthony Pace

He helped a new kid out, made him more comfortable with everyone, and was his first friend.

Ms. Scott

For being the best Principal, and caring about her students like they are family.

Christopher Hackman

He has stuck around with me for the last 9 years.

Officer Ashby

He stops everyone from getting run over every day. 🙂 From: Kira Swanson. 

Mr. Eder

Mr. Eder had always inspired me and teaches many life lessons.

Lexi Smith

She decided to sit with me during class when no one else wanted to. 

Kacie Swanson

Kacie always has a smile on her face and brightens up the room when she walks in. She always seems happy, and it rubs off on others which is very nice.

Ms. Ganser

For being someone who has positive energy throughout the school! From: Kyle Miner.

Rachel Weiner

She helped me with an assignment for journalism. From: Hannah Jahn.

Bella Burgos

Her article, “Cancel Culture – It’s Cancelled“, was really good and included a lot of great information. From: Madi Moyer.

Ms. Scott

She is nice to everyone. 

Bella Burgos

She is always so kind and gives me a hug whenever I see her. 

Jorge Vargas

Frankie is always there for me no matter what. When I was sick (not too long ago), he would go to the pharmacy and drop off cough drops, prescribed medicine, and snacks at my front door. He was always eager to talk to me and check up on how I felt, even when he was at work or soccer practice. Frankie is one of the most reliable people I know, and I am so glad to have had his help in the moments when I felt sick. From: Paola Cortazar. 

Mr. Ginther

For his purchase of professional slacks and shoes. From: A former teacher.