Buzzkill: Top 10 Worst Promposals

Kendalll Jacobs

Buzzkill: Top 10 worst promposals

Haylen Irvan, Environmental Editor

As we approach prom season, brace yourself for loads of posters, glitter glue, and tears. That’s right! I’m talking about the art of prom-posing. Asking someone to prom is supposed to be one of the most memorable parts of high school. Keep that in mind as you browse through some of the WORST prom-posals ever.

1.) I Feel Bear-y Sick

The classic ( Amy Carney)

To be completely honest, there is nothing terribly wrong with this, other than the fact it makes me nauseous. Come on, the giant teddy bear? I seriously hope that is a bear suit and someone is going to jump out and end this awful prom-posal.

2.) Don’t Mess With my Whip

Who even thought of this? (POPSUGAR)

Absolutely not. I don’t care who you are, if you touch my car, chances are I’m not going to be too happy. What a waste of sticky notes. Then what do you do if they say no? Do you stand there for an hour crying while pulling hundreds of sticky notes off of their car? I’m going to drive past this one I think.

3.) What the Shrek?!

Nothing screams more romantic than this (Mike)

I don’t know who Mike is, but he is extremely lucky. Who doesn’t love the sexy green beast known as Shrek? In all honesty, I don’t think this the way to ask someone to prom. If I was Mike, I would definitely get out of that swamp!

4.) Theatre Kids Are Becoming too strong

Always expect something from the theatre kids (Megan Thomson)

If this doesn’t scream theatre kid, I don’t know what does. I think the idea was definitely there, but the execution is lacking a little bit. Also the tin man in the back is staring into my soul as I am typing this. I think I’m going to follow the yellow brick road all the way out the door.

5.) I Really Just Hate This One

Now this is just upsetting (LAUREN HARANO)

For no reason at all, this one bothers me. It’s a dude standing in a tote. I would probably be very confused if someone asked me like this. After reading the sign, you can guarantee there would be a small laugh out of pity and maybe a hug. As far as prom-posals go, I don’t think this one checks any of the boxes.

6.) You Have Goat To Be Kidding Me

What do you even do with it… (Anna Wojenski)

Sir, that is a live goat you are holding. I seriously hope this goat was not a recent purchase because I don’t think you can return those. Also, what’s up with the sunflower seeds and candy taped to the poster? I would give the poster 0 stars for creativity. This is number 6 on this list because it’s not the worst, but it’s also definitely not the Greatest Of All Time.

7.) Arson?

Ouch, this is sure to lead to rejection (Z100)

Prom-posals are definitely supposed to be memorable, but not criminal-record memorable. You can probably guess why this made the news. I’m not sure if I would say yes or if I would call the fire department. This prom-posal is just too hot to handle!

8.) Someone Please Tell the Entire Boys’ Track Team to Put a Shirt On

I’d run fast away (Perfect Tux)

Ok, which one is prom-posing? It took me a second but I think it’s the shirtless one…oh wait. This would probably gross me out to be honest. A group of sweaty boys with letters painted on their chest? Hmmm…I feel like I’ve seen this before.

9.) Too Much Fun in the Sun

Points for dedication I guess (Jelani Addams Rosa)

First off, let me just say, OUCH! I have to give it to him, he is clearly committed. I don’t know anyone that would purposely get sunburned for me. I’m just trying to picture everyone’s faces as they walked past him on the beach. Shoutout to this guy, he deserves a pat on the back! On second thought, maybe not.

10.) That’s Too Much Internet For Today

no words. (Jelani Addams Rosa)

*closes laptop* 

I hope these prom-posal disasters inspired you to ask that special someone! Just a word of advice, I don’t think you should replicate ANY of these if you plan on going to prom with a date. Happy prom-posing!