Morning Announcements – August 27, 2019 & August 28, 2019

College Visits: College visits are back! We have the following schools visiting MIA: FGCU, FIT, Florida Southern, and USF. Sign-ups are available in the front office with Ms. Carr. You may ONLY sign-up during lunch or before/after school. DO NOT come during class time.

Back-to-School Night is tomorrow night, so please remind your parents and/or guardians that it begins at 6:30pm.  In mentoring tomorrow morning, you will complete a schedule for them that will be picked up there, so be sure to share your mentor’s name with your parent/guardian.

Lost and Found: If you have lost a lunch box or a water bottle, come to the front office. All lost and found items will be donated or thrown away by the end of the week.

Spring Break Trip: There will be a SPRING BREAK TRIP 2020 Informational Meeting – NOW in Room 304 – at 5:00pm BEFORE Back to School night on Wednesday, August 28. Students and their parents/guardians who are interested in the Spring Break trip to Southern Spain and Portugal should attend the meeting to learn about trip details and get information on payment plans. Bring your guardians and we will work to convince them to let you go.  Trip registration is open now and the price will increase by $150 after September 15. Registration  for this great opportunity will close on November 18, 2019. This week see Senor Higuera for more information.

Activities:

The Wave is looking for writers! If you are interested in becoming a published writer through our school newspaper, there will be an informational meeting during lunch in room 104 (Mr. Scalia’s room) this Friday. We hope to see you there!

Performing Arts: This first Thespian Society meeting of the school year today at lunch in room 303. 8-6-2-8 don’t be late. Be there or be memed.

Student Government: Student Government Association – Are you interested in becoming a leader on campus? Do you want to make your voice heard? Then come to Student Government’s open meeting during lunch on Wednesday, September 4th in room 304. You will get a sneak peak at some awesome events coming up and be able to pick up an application to join SGA. See you there!

Interact: If you would like an opportunity to bond, laugh, interact, and give back to our community, then Interact is the activity for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This year we have a full calendar that allows us to give back to others and have an absolute blast in the process. It Please join us on Friday morning at 7:45 in the Flex Room, as we have outgrown Miss Scott’s office.  Can’t wait to see you all there.

Athletics:

Congratulations to the volleyball team. They beat Village School of Naples in 3 sets.