Club News

Camryn Rose

More stories from Camryn Rose

DCON Dominance!
May 22, 2019
Club+News

Key Club:

Key Club has had a very busy few weeks. The officers returned from DCON in Orlando where they received many awards and had a few flat tires along the way. The club has recently elected new officers and is excited to announce the results. For Co-Presidents we have Ellie Ball and Sarahi Lopez, Vice President is Caitlin Moyer, Secretary is Peter Morales, Treasure is Reese Jones, Editor is Casey Erickson and Webmaster is Aiden Libby. At Mackle Park this past weekend there was the Spring Jubilee and there was a 100% attendance from the members. They are also getting ready for some big events. This week is the Taste of Marco and a beach clean-up.  

Interact Club:    

Interact Club is continuing to work with the nursing home and the Children’s hospital. A few weeks ago the members of Interact Club walked the Relay for Life that took place at Veterans Park to raise money for cancer research. They just had a Spring bake sale this past week to raise money for there club. They also have a few things that they are working on but not ready to announce yet.

Student government:

Student Government has had their hands full getting ready for Prom on May 4. This week they have had prom tickets on sale for $85 but these prices don’t last long, they go up to $100 the week of prom. SGA has had tickets on sale for a raffle to shave Mr. Butler’s beard off, raising money for prom. Along with that, they are also preparing for the pep rally this Friday, April 26. A member of the club says “We can expect school spirit and excitement at the pep rally.”

GLI:

Girls Learn International is holding a donation drive for Youth Haven. Students of MIA are asked to bring in any supplies they can for kids and young adults. They are in need of an assortment of different supplies, a list is located in Ms. Blanco’s classroom. In upcoming meetings, they plan on having more empowering women come and talk to the club.

Science National Honors Society:

Science National Honors Society is hosting an induction ceremony for the new members on April 25. They have also been working on making a memorial garden outside of Mr. Wood’s classroom. In addition, SNHS   been working on helping the school become more environmentally friendly by placing recycling bins in every which they clean out twice a week. The recycling project is where they have green bins in the classrooms so students have a place to recycle. This is the club’s recycling project of the 2018-2019 school year.

National Honors Society:

National Honors Society is also having an induction ceremony for the prestigious new honor students this April 26.The members of the club are starting up new service projects. One of the projects is tutoring students at MIA. They are still picking the second project. One member told The Wave some exclusive information about a dance party happening in the near future!

Culinary Club:

Culinary Club is teaching kids how to cook healthy food without having it break the bank. They are showing that you can go to the store and find ingredients that can make a healthy meal without having to pay an absurd price.

Video Game Club:

Video Game Club is working on a secret project that they aren’t allowed to announce yet so stay tuned. Along with that, they are have been working on making a video game!

STEM Club:

No upcoming events at the moment.

Thespian Club:

The Thespian Club is having an induction ceremony on April 26. They are also pleased to announce they have just elected new officers. The president is Prestley Irvan, Vice President and President-Elect is Joseph Krepel, the secretary is Ryan Sullivan, Treasurer Reef Weber, and Historian Grace Fields. A handful of Aladdin cast members have joined the Thespian Club and will be inducted at the upcoming induction ceremony.