Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

A Great Kick-stART to Goodland’s Winter Art Fair

This weekend MIA students will get to share their artwork at the Holiday Bazaar.  The show will be on November 11th and 12th at Margood Park, in Goodland.

Mr. Eder contacted Tara O’Neil, the director of many art fairs in Goodland.  O’Neil graciously offered the students to enter the fair at no cost.

On November 8th, Mr. Eder held a preview in his classroom for the Bazaar where students will be selling their work.  

Surrounded by the students’ original pieces, Eder was joined by Tara O’Neil and members of the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts.  MIA’s Culinary Club provided hors d’oeuvres, making this a multi-club event.

The art show preview itself was a huge success. With the artwork showcasing students’ talents and creativity, guests were in awe of the pieces.

Principal Melissa Scott couldn’t get enough of it. “I am overwhelmed by the talent,” she raved. “Kids amaze me all the time.” 

The students were proud of their art as well.  Junior Celeste Forester was proud of her creations, “I love this experience because I like it when people get to see what I can do.” 

Earlier this year, Mr. Eder received a grant from the Marco Island Foundation For the Arts (MIFA) for $5,000. This grant was put toward a massive canvas printer to print the students’ designs larger and on a canvas.

This will not be the last time MIA students will get an opportunity like this. “We plan on making more student artwork for another art fair in March and an indoor art show at the Marco Island Center for the Arts in April as well,” Eder said.  

With the support of the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts, and the opportunity to participate in upcoming art shows, Mr. Eder and his class are looking forward to the future. 

“It is serendipitous,” Eder remarked. “Getting the grant and meeting Tara, it is all just serendipitous.”