Once A Ray, Always a Ray

Marco+Island+Academy+graduate%2C+Kyle+Ginther.+

Marco Island Academy graduate, Kyle Ginther.

Emily Reisinger, Staff Writer

A resident of southwest Florida since childhood, Mr. Ginther has recently begun his teaching career here at Marco Island Academy. Graduating from MIA in 2017, Mr. Ginther has a history here at the school. During the 2021-2022 school year, he was a student teacher assisting Mrs. Galiana with her Government and Economics and IGCSE/AICE Global Perspectives classes. After graduating that same year from Florida State University, he got an official teaching position here at MIA and is now teaching a senior elective and will soon also be teaching Leadership Skills and Development.

When he started as a student teacher at MIA, he received a warm welcome from the staff  that knew him from when he was a student. Now, Mr. Ginther is helping to coach the football team, which he has been enjoying thus far. One of his favorite aspects of teaching and coaching the team is watching them grow. In his own words, “The feeling of watching a student or athlete accomplish something they thought was impossible is what keeps me motivated to teach.” 

“The feeling of watching a student or athlete accomplish something they thought was impossible is what keeps me motivated to teach.” 

— Mr. Ginther

One of the unique aspects of Marco Island Academy is its size. MIA is a relatively small school which Mr. Ginther appreciates. “I think it gives everyone a chance to just know everyone else a little bit better, which in turn makes the whole school feel like a family.” It allows him to create stronger relationships with each of his students. This is something that he values deeply as well as the amazing connections here that he has already formed. 

With the brand-new school year starting, all the students and staff are excited to give Mr. Ginther a warm welcome back to MIA.