Teacher Feature: Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe with MIA’s Manta Ray Fountain

Sophia Lowrie, Executive Editor

One of our school’s newest additions to the math department, Mr. Wolfe, has already made a lasting impact and continues to share his “love for statistics and mathematics in general.” He is in his fourth year of teaching and previously taught 7th and 8th grade math. One of the reasons he loves teaching so much is “being able to impact the lives of all of his current and future students.”

In his experience here so far, Mr. Wolfe discusses how the students at MIA have a desire to learn and he looks forward to Football & Volleyball games and the fall sports season. To Mr. Wolfe, “Being a Math Teacher is more than just covering the curriculum.” He enjoys getting to know his students on a personal level and “seeing them compete in extracurricular activities.”

Being a math teacher is more than just covering the curriculum.

— Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe previously lived in Ohio for 22 years before moving to Charlotte, North Carolina where he lived for one year before moving to Florida two years ago this October. Mr. Wolfe attended Massillon Washington High School in Massillon, Ohio. He graduated in 2015 after achieving his proudest accomplishment, being named Outstanding Senior Boy, 20 years after his cousin John received the same honor. The competition took place throughout senior year among a class of 250 seniors, half of which were male. 

His hobbies include swimming, tennis, pickleball, and going to the beach. In his free time, he enjoys Reality TV shows including Big Brother, Amazing Race, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Survivor.

Mr. Wolfe is looking forward to his future with MIA and he is excited to work closely with the Environmental Conservation Organization, attending athletic events and musicals, and even conducting student surveys in the fall semester. Mr.Wolfe encourages students interested in being involved to reach out.

His decision to teach here was dependent on Marco Island Academy having what he describes as “such a tight knit community”, and the ability to fulfill his dream, which is “to make a difference for high school students on Marco Island and surrounding areas.”