The History & Culture Club

The History and Culture Club at MIA allows students to travel with fellow classmates to another country. It is sponsored by Mrs. Lori Galiana. This club is for anyone who wants to travel the world or just go on a fun trip with friends and teachers. There is also a monthly fee that covers travel that must be paid. This year, the club is going to Spain and Portugal! 

I interviewed Mrs. Galiana for more info on this club. First, I asked, “What is your favorite part about these trips?” She answered with, ““We picked them because the idea is that the students who took Spanish wanted them to see how it really is in the real place. Spain and Portugal are very warm and friendly, like an Italian vibe.  We were supposed to go in 2020 but because of Covid, we had to push it back all the way to this year.” She really cares about this club and loves to see all of the students enjoying themselves in a different setting. Their next meeting is in February and the deadline to register is February 16th of this year. There’s still time!

The History and Culture Club began when Mrs. Galiana only had 5 students. They went to France and England, but it wasn’t a club yet it was more of a school field trip. Then, she decided she wanted to create a club. Senor Higuera teamed up with Mrs. Galiana to make the History and Travel Club. This year, they have a group of 29 people, including chaperones. They have come a long way from where they started and it is definitely the experience of a lifetime.

The Wave • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$495
$1200