Morning Announcements – 1/6/22

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, it is FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2023, and these are your morning announcements!   

General Announcements:

Lunch: As a reminder, there is no lunch on the mezz this week.  To start the semester, all students will eat lunch on the Lookout Lounge.  

Athletics:   

Lacrosse: There will be an interest meeting for Boys Lacrosse on Tuesday, January 10th at 6:30.  You say Athletics; I say Packet.  Athletics. Packet.  Athletics. Packet. Readyyyy, break!

Baseball: Baseball tryouts will be Thursday January 26th at 6pm, at TBE ball field.  Please be certain to have your physical AND  Athletics.  Packet. Athletics. Packet.  Turned into Mr. Miller ASAP.

Basketball: Congratulations to the Boys Basketball team as they crushed the Paladins of Mason Classical last night. Today, the varsity boys basketball team will be traveling to Naples Classical to go against the eagles at 7.

Soccer: Congratulations to both soccer teams. Yesterday,the girls defeated the Kings of SFCA with a score of 3-0. The boys

Activities:

MIA Pickleball Club Everyone is invited to attend MIA’s first Pickleball Club meeting.  The meeting will be held next Friday January 13th in Mr. Wood’s room.  Hope to see you there.

Science National Honor Society: SNHS Members – please check for an email from Mr. Swope and be sure to complete the Google Form TODAY.

SGA:  Howdy SGA members. The first SGA meeting for the new year will be Tuesday January 10th beginning at 7:45 am in Senora Walther’s room.  We look forward to seeing all members there. Yeehaw!

Interact: Semester 2 meetings will begin NEXT Friday,January 13 at 7:45am on the mezz.  So excited to begin the new year with you.  

Performing Arts: Did you take one of Mr. Dayett’s classes last semester? Listen up! If you took film, please make sure to give back Mr. Dayett your A Monster Calls book.

Did you take Design and Marketing or Theatre? Your projects and puppets will be on the table outside of Mr. Dayett’s room today for you to pick up. Anything not picked up will not be kept.

Spring Musical: Auditions for MIA’s production of the high school premiere of Superhero: A New Musical will be held after school on January 17th through the 19th. Audition packets will be available next week and more info will be shared on BAND and on your class of Google Classroom page. We also need a crew, please see Mr. Dayett with any questions.

Interested in getting more  involved with theatre at MIA? Our Theatre Club AND Theatre Honor Society will be meeting on Fridays after school starting today. 

Theatre Opportunities: Mr. Dayett’s friend is playing Iago in the broadway national tour of Aladdin, which is coming to Naples in less than 2 weeks. If you would be interested in going to the see the show and maybe getting a chance to meet Aaron and the cast backstage, see or email Mr. Dayett ASAP. 

Thespians: Thespians going to States. Please see Mr. Dayett at some point today. 

Daily Affirmation:“Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”  

Please pause for our moment of silence.

Now, please rise for the Pledge of Allegiance.                          

Have a Furbabies Friday!